Bid Estimator – Home-based
Zitko Consulting Ltd
We are working with a high-profile Security Integrator who have an impressive array of global blue-chip clients. They work with high-end access control systems including Lenel. They are looking for a home-based Bid Estimator for integrated CCTV and Access Control projects across the UK and Europe. This role is for a person with a blend of abilities including strong technical understanding with an aptitude for detailed analysis, methodical working, loyalty, teamwork and customers focus.
* Undertake site surveys and interpret/expand client brief to enable suitable bids to be created.
* Establish standard processes to manage high volume of bidding in the business.
* Communicate with suppliers and sub-contractors throughout Europe, Asia and the US to establish best pricing and terms.
* Participate and run group wide bid processes reporting to a Director of the company.
* Undertake detailed take off and measurement of all aspects of security projects to establish an effective response to bid enquires.
* Participate in sales meetings to agree priorities and assist other members to maintain momentum in the bid process.
* Head up formal bid activity when tendering for works and co -ordinate with the lead sales person to establish key priorities.
* Ideally Lenel Access Control: A strong knowledge of Lenel hardware and software configurations.
* CCTV: knowledge of both IP and Analogue CCTV systems including the use of network video recorders and software.
* Integrated Systems: experience with major integrated Access Control/CCTV/Intruder systems/Perimeter detection systems that are fully integrated.
* Intruder Alarms: basic competency in measurement and pricing intruder alarms.
* The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of service in the security industry and shall be able to price various different service solutions.
* Awareness of commercial business terms and conditions commonly adopted within the security industry.
* The candidate will have a working knowledge of pricing jobs in the international market. This will include EMEA and Asia PAC.